Thursday, March 8, 2007

Can I keep her, Mom?


Yes, it's official... we're keeping her, which means our home has become a literal "three-ring-circus". In case you hadn't heard Jeff and I had our third daughter, Grace Sophia Burke, on December 27th, 2006. (It was actually a little more "I" than "Jeff".) You may be surprised to hear the baby was a girl, since through the pregnancy I was told the baby was a boy. But the idea of a son never sat well with me. I actually felt depressed, angry and detached. I couldn't bring myself to buy boy clothes or get a blue room ready and whenever I was asked what I was having I answered, "Well, they tell me it's a boy, but I keep hoping it will come out a girl." In the end either I got lucky, I 'willed' the baby to change from a boy to a girl, or on some level I knew that this sweet girl was ours. Ten days before she was born I had an ultrasound in which the nurse said, "Did your doctor tell you you were having a boy? Sorry, honey, but you're having a girl." I immediately burst into tears. THAT'S my baby! Not that other kid people keep talking about!

And so it goes. Ten weeks later we are happy, healthy and the other two girls adore their new addition. I am setting up this blog to keep friends and family apprised of our goings-on, and to record forever funny statements, happenings, and events in our family. Check back often, and keep us posted on all of your family's little miracles.

Jenn
Posted by Picasa

No comments: