Monday, September 24, 2007

Lady Liberty


Jeff and I saw the finer sites of New York city the weekend of September 4th-8th. Here I am in front of the Statue of Liberty. What isn't deptcted is the blistering heat and humidity. You'd think this Arizona native could better tolerate it. After standing in the hour and a half line and enduring the toughest security I've ever seen we climbed to the base and toured the museum inside. Now I can say I've done it. What was even cooler was Ellis Island. We really enjoyed the tour with a fantastic and dramatic tour guide. (I have a feeling he moved east to make it on Braodway but keeps this day job until he makes it big). Other highlights include seeing Mary Poppins the Disney musical, Spamalot, shopping on Canal St. and seeing Jeff's brother Jordan and his super-fancy office at Bloomberg news (celebrity siting- Alan Alda!). Of course we loved going to the US Open- more photos to follow.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: