Friday, May 16, 2008

Utah: This is the Place!


Rave reviews are flooding in for the Freedom Academy fourth grade production of "Utah: This is the Place!" Not to be missed were the fur trappers, the Native Americans and, of course, the Mormon Pioneers. Caroline starred as Kirsten the cooking pioneer, representing the hard work the women exerted to feed their resource-strapped families. As she stirred her imaginary cuisine in the front row she developed, true to form, a silly pioneer alter-ego and began feigning vomit as she sipped from her bowl. I watched in horror from the back row as she stirred, sipped, gagged and spit through the moving pioneer tribute song. Finally, toward the end of the song, she spotted me standing in the back with a red face. Busted. As our eyes met I motioned with two fingers to my face, "I'm watching you..." My Robert DeNiro to Ben Stiller impersonation worked and she straightened up. Funny girl.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: