Tuesday, July 22, 2008

God makes them cute so you don't kill them...


How could I ever feel short tempered toward a face like this? Her adorableness is the only thing that saves her from being dropped off in the woods sometimes. Take today for instance...

First, she pooed in the bathtub. After bleaching all the bath toys and transferring her to the shower to get clean I put her down for a nap. Luckily, Whitney came to clean today. (I like Whitney more than any other living person.) Apparently a freshly scrubbed tub is irresistible to Gracie, because before I knew she was missing she was in the tub, full clothed with freezing cold water up to her belly. Oh, and somehow she managed to smear black dirt all over her feet and onto the tub.

All of this is normal, day-to-day activity for a child and those of you with children are thinking, "Yeah...and???". But after nearly ten years of mothering things like this are growing considerably less charming. I describe it as Chinese water torture. No one drop is that maddening, BUT

drop..drop...drop...drop..drop...drop...

Nature, however, is programed to reproduce and preserve life and therefore, my affection for this little devil far outweighs my irritation.

Lucky for her.

Lucky for me.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: