Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Next Generation

Last week we were lucky enough to host an up and comming soccer super star for BYU soccer camp. My long time friend from high school days has a daughter the same age as Caroline and our two girls have become quite good friends. Each morning they ran four hours in the hot sun for camp (it was nearly 100 every day!) and then we played HARD every afternoon.

We painted pottery at color me mine...



Saw the new American Girl movie (we all brought our dolls)...

taught each other new hairstyles so we could look alike as much as possible...


and made homemade pizza, went to seven peaks waterpark, went out to eat every day, created original movies on the computer, and stayed up WAY too late each night sharing music from the ipods. Preteen girls are SOOOOO much fun. I feel like I'm that mom in the movie Mean Girls- you know the old-but trying to be young one who tries to hang out with her high school aged daughter's friends ("Ladies! What is the 411?).

By the end of the week I was litterally exhausted. I felt like we had been on a vacation! I love living in Utah for the reason that sooner or later, everyone you like will travel through. We sure like Anne!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

cabrenchley said...

Anne had sooo much fun. I love the pictures. Thank you for your friendship. You made her summer!

Jennifer Burke said...

We love Anne. And you need to update your dang blog.

Jennifer Burke said...
This comment has been removed by the author.